Tuesday, May 13, 2008

back home... for now

I'm back from Australia - what a beautiful country! I think the beauty of Oz is how different it is. I got a small sampling of a few things it has to offer - desert, rain forest, urban living, wildlife. I'll post a few pictures after I sort through them all. I know consulting is not for me as I'm already tired of airplanes and hotels after two weeks (and two more shorter trips in the upcoming weeks) June is looking to be wide-open so I'm debating how to fill the time with things other than reading and being a big gym rat. My father asked if I wanted to consult on a technical project for his company, which does not interest me at all. I'm even considering retail to get a big discount on clothes though perhaps that is not the most valuable way to spend my free time :)

Thanks to the blogosphere for voting me into the top 10 of MBA applicant blogs this year. It was certainly surprising and unexpected. Subsequently, I was asked to be one of the judges for Accepted.com Beautiful BSchool Photo contest, which was a lot of fun. There were some pretty neat pictures in the group so it was harder than I expected! The winner should be announced in a few weeks.

13 comments:

HappyBunny said...

ah... I want to go visit there too. :P maybe next year. You can do a Eurotrip for the rest of months. or Asia trip. Ah... I wish I could go with you.

Mike said...

Welcome back and congrats on the BoB! When are you making the big move to NYC?

Amit said...

you have a nice blog!! me also a blogger on gmat GMAT TEST

Michelle said...

Hi, my name is Josh, and I'm a recent Stanford GSB graduate. I’d like to offer your readers some helpful information. I recently surveyed my classmates, friends and colleagues, and asked them to discuss their application strategies, as well as advice for entering MBA students, for Stanford, Harvard, Columbia, and Kellogg. I compiled the responses into a FREE 21-page report available at http://www.ExpertCollective.com. Stanford MBA applicants tell me that the information is really helpful in filling-out their essays with detailed and specific information, while the entering first-years appreciate the advice on how to make best use of the 2 years at business school. I’d love to have you review the full version of the report (80+ pages) if you think you’re readers might be interested. Please send me an email at josh@expertcollective if you’d like me to email you a copy to review for your blog.

Best wishes for your success!

Josh Hohman
Stanford MBA 2005
www.ExpertCollective.com

Ankur said...

Thanks for this really nice posting. Keep it up........

http://www.bestschoolsformba.blogspot.com/

Randall B. Bane said...

Students should to expend some time on library and reading different book related to your education and improve your educational level. Preparing your methodology and obtaining your data is stressful just using our services and get highest academic standard.mba essay consulting

Enndery Ashwin said...

You are craving for a resume writing service as a result of you wish a resume which will very stand out, be skilled and perfect, and assist you get a replacement or higher job, right? visit the site

Harris Smith said...

This blog post is so much informative. It’s really helpful for who want to do this. I think it’s easy way to do this. Doing this is not so easy, but if you follow the instruction then you does this so easily. You can find out more easy and smooth way to visit this site.
visit here .

Thomas T. Vanover said...

Thanks for share your experience.

Thomas T. Vanover said...

The accelerated full-time MBA programme curriculum develops successful, thoughtful leaders and entrepreneurs who create value for their organizations and their communities statement of purpose for master degree, and we are looking for smart, well-rounded candidates who believe that business can be a force for good. This is good platform to learn what students have to say about their experience in the Full-time MBA Program. Thanks for keep sharing.

Lerry G Leone said...

Glad to know this information.

Robert Linde said...

Good information.

Robert Linde said...

The P.S. or even post script announcement is often thought to become the 2nd most significant part the product sales letter after the headline. Bearing this in mind, here you'll have four thoughts on the best way to express on your P.S. Statement to provide you the final push on earnings. helpful link will help you to know more.