Wednesday, December 5, 2007

columbia interview complete!

I did an alumni interview with Columbia on Monday. Seeing as it was so soon after my Chicago I was a little nervous I would say Chicago instead of Columbia in some of my answers, but luckily I avoided that. Overall, I felt less nervous but lacked a real "connection" with the interviewer. We didn't have much in common, but I enjoyed our conversation. He got a good feeling of my goals, reasons for wanting to go to Columbia and my personality so in that sense it was a success. We met at a Starbucks and luckily I was able to pick up the large corner table so we were able to have something resembling a private conversation. For those of you doing an interview in a public place, I would recommend getting there early to acclimate, get used to the noise level and relax a bit.

I was pretty thrilled to receive the news that Chicago's notification date was moved up to December 19th. I wonder whether they will call admits as they did last year... Two weeks left! The motivation to complete my R2 two applications is low... anyone else feeling me out there?

6 comments:

Oops said...

"...feeling me..."???
no, not yet! u want me to? ;-)
(hey i'm in a real devilish mood today, so Xcuse! but u missed a word)

Bschool Diva said...

I am feeling you!

mbabound said...

totally with you on R2 inertia

Mike said...

I feel you - here's hoping for good news on the 19th!

roshnivahora said...

We help clients look beyond the rankings to identify the schools that best suit their interests, goals, and personalities.
MBA Admission 2012

roshnivahora said...

We clarify expectations of what an MBA education is and of what it can lead to.MAT MBA Colleges