Friday, November 2, 2007

events of today

Today I....
  • Got a full LASIK consultation and scheduled my surgery for January. I can't afford any down time while working on R2 apps.
  • Got a tooth filling
  • went to work with my eyes dilated and numb mouth (yup I was a mess!)
  • went to a wedding rehearsal and rehearsal dinner
  • went to work briefly for a software release
But must excitingly.... I GOT MY CHICAGO INVITATION TO INTERVIEW!!!!! :) *High five to all of you out there*

Now I just need to decide whether or not to interview on-campus. I've visited GSB twice last year, but the closest alumni interview is about an hour away - and I think the same person I interviewed with last year. Thoughts anyone?

5 comments:

Oops said...

i'd go to the alum - since its the same guy. main reason: u know where he/she's coming from, what kinda ques, etc, but he/she doesnt know what ur gonna say! what r ur new reasons this year? how u've grown as a person? etc. if u can get these answered well, it can get you a solid push, more than meeting a new person altogther.
with the same guy, the change would be more impactful (unles of course u think that guy was a complete jerk, blah blah)

Mike said...

Congrats! In terms of whether to go with the alum or on-campus, I think it depends on how the interview went last time. If it didn't go so well (and if you think he'll remember you) it may start him off with a negative perception before the interview even starts. If it went well, then I don't think it matters as much.

mbabound said...

Congratulations!!

Bschool Diva said...

YEAH!!!! Congrats!!!

Jaguar Paw said...

CONGRATULATIONS on the Chi. interview...and coincidentally..I am gonna get my tooth filled and am talking to my doc for my LASIK too ...:)...

Go get Chi :)